Monday 7 March 2016

Pumpkin poori


This recipe I heard from my maid. I was kneading dough for paratha and she bombarded me with so many recipes which Ive never heard before. I was too anxious to try these next day I prepared pumpkin poori. The poori has slight tinge of sweetness from pumpkin and soft. I prepared mini pooris so that you can grab and eat them. 
I gave this as snack to my son and he loved it.




Ingredients:

pumpkin pieces - 1 cup
whole wheat flour - 1 cup
salt - 1 tspn as per taste
chilli powder - 1tspn
oil - for frying

Procedure:

Wash the pumpkin and peel the skin.
Cut into medium sized pieces and keep aside.

In a wok add 1/2 tspn oil and add the pumpkin pieces. Add a dash of salt and mix it properly.
drizzle some water on it and cook on low flame with closed lid for 10 mins.

Once the pumpkin is cooked keep aside for cooling. Once cooled mash it well without any lumps.

In a bowl add wheat flour ,salt ,chillipowder and mix then properly.
Add the mashed pumpkin and mix it to form a dough. If needed add water to make dough.
dough should not be sticky.

make small lemon sized balls of the dough and keep aside.
with a rolling pin spread the dough balls to circles.

In a wok add oil for frying.
Once the oil is heated drop these pooris into it. The poori will puff.
Take the poori out and keep on tissue paper to absorb the oil.

The poori can be had itself or can be had with any curry.

This is a great dish for kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...